Washita Valley Farms quarter beef pricing
Quartersare approximately 140 lbs. (hanging) yielding approximately
95 lbs. of packaged meat. Customer cost is
$8.00/lb (approximately $760.00)
Assume 1,000 lbs. live weight for estimating volume. Live weight may be as much as 1,200 lbs. or as little as 900 lbs. Hanging weight is approximately 55% of live weight. Final packaged meat weight is about 70% of hanging weight.
Standard Cuts What will be in a Quarter? (Click for a Pic)
|Here are the standard
Washita Valley Farms Cuts:
– 2” Filet1
– ¼” NY Strip1
– ¼” Sirloin & Sirloin Tip Roast1
– ¼” Bone In Rib Eyes
– Skirt SteakTenderized (mechanical) Cutlets
– Chuck RoastStew Meat
– 1 lb packages 85-90% Lean Ground Beef
– Soup Bones
|In an average Washita Valley Farms quarter (with Standard Cuts) you will receive approximately:
– 12lbs of nice steaks (Filet, NY Strip, Rib Eyes, Sirloin & Sirloin Tip Roast)
– 3lbs of Round and Swiss Steak
– 10lbs of Chuck Roast
– 45lbs of Lean Ground Beef
– 15lbs of Roasts, Brisket, Flank, Ribs
– 5lbs of Boiling/Soup Bones
– 5lbs of Liver/Heart/Tongue
NOTE This is an approximation. Every animal is different.
Why buy a quarter?
A recent visit to the Target grocery department found one pound of grass fed ground beef (Thousand Hills Cattle Company brand) priced at $7.99/lb. for 92% lean. When you buy a quarter beef from Washita Valley Farms, you get ground beef at the same price AND prime cuts (tenderloins, rib eyes, NY strips, etc.) at that same per pound cost! This is the most economical way to feed your family and enjoy all the health benefits of grass fed beef.
- Washita Valley Farms dry-ages beef for 14-21 days to heighten tenderness and taste.
- Beef is vacuum packed and labeled with the weight, cut, and date. It should last up to 3 years in the freezer.
- Quarters are actually a half of a half, not the front or back leg, but an approximate equal share of both.
- A quarter will fill about 5 cubic feet of freezer space.
- The average kitchen fridge/freezer has about 5 cubic feet of room in the freezer compartment. So a quarter may fit in there if packed well.
- A quarter will fit snuggly into three 50 quart coolers.
- Above prices DO NOT include processing fees.